What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. When you enter something in the search engine and hit the search button you are given a list of web contents as a result relevant to your search. And as a normal tendency you would be visiting the websites that are among the top in the list. Have you ever thought of why some of them rank better than the other sites or why only those sites were first shown in the results? The answer to this is SEO which is a powerful web marketing technique that helps the search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc to find and rank your sites higher than the thousands of other sites in response to a search query.
It is the reason of the visibility of a particular website or webpage in a web search engine’s unpaid results.
Things to consider when choosing SEO Tools
Before I tell you about the free SEO tools available, you need to know the characteristics on basis of which we consider them as the best suite of free seo tools list.
- You can find the most frequently used keywords in the industry using Keywords search tools which saves tons of your time while optimizing your resource for phrases or find out the complete guide to conversion rate optimization , for further generating loads of traffic and revenues.
- The tools should provide trusted links in order to drive traffic and lend authority to your website. They should find prospective linking sites, manage link-building outreach and provide you with data on who’s back linking to your site.
- You need to see if your strategy is fruitful or not which can be checked by reports and statistics about the number of links you have inquired during the last month or about your ranking in the SERPs (Search Engine Results Page). Depending on these you can further optimize your site’s existing content and also work on the areas that need improvement.
- You should know about your competitors and where do you stand. SEO should help you with investigating about your competitors in depth.
Top 15 Free SEO Tools
- Google Keyword Planner Tool
- SEO Book SEO Toolbar
- MultiRank Checker
- Bing Webmaster Tools
- Screaming Frog
- SERPs Rank Checker
- Keyword Tool
- Traffic Travis
- NetPeak Checker
- SEO Power Suite
The above mentioned tools are the best in free and will definitely help you get the search rankings your website or blog deserves. However they are not some miracle workers that would make your site magically appear at the top of search results. They would help you by providing the data studying which you can build and develop an effective and measurable SEO campaign.
Your site should thus be competitive and be more visible to the web spiders with the help of the above mentioned top free seo tools.
Feel free to share your thoughts and queries by commenting below.