Diamond is one of the most expressive and economic asset and therefore, to that end one would naturally expect their purchasing experience to be amazing. This article will offer you certain valuable tips that will not only help you buy an excellent diamond but also make sure that you enjoy the whole process of buying it.
- Firstly, a little knowledge can go a long way. The four Cs that you should certainly teach yourself are cut, clarity, color and carat. Having sufficient knowledge of diamonds and knowing which questions are to be asked will ensure that you get what you pay for.
- Jewelry pricing can involve a lot of intricacies. Therefore, when you are comparing costs, it will be best to consider even alike mountings, along with the comparison in shape, size, cut, clarity and color. You may use diamond costs per-carat as a substitute for comparing the cost of diamonds in its entirety.
- Try to make out in your mind what the diamond that you are willing to go for must have been through. Differently put, whether the diamond you have in mind is innate or has been treated. Generally, treated diamonds are not as precious as raw diamonds. So in case the seller is using fancy words as such as ‘enhanced’ or ‘processed’, it is only another way of stating that the diamonds have been treated and are not raw. However, given the complicacy of the treatment procedures, it becomes difficult for even the qualified eye of a jeweler to distinguish processing. Many jewelers therefore, send their diamonds to be tested in labs to make sure they have been not been treated. Simultaneously, many jewelers buy their diamonds only from sources which can warranty trading of untreated stones.
- Differently jewelers will grade the diamonds differently. Hence it becomes absolutely imperative for you to know for yourself how a diamond is supposed to be judged. There are many labs too which have grading principles more strict than the others. It is important that what you make out from the script is same as what is written on it.
- As a purchaser you should be extremely careful if a diamond is promoted at an unbelievably cheap price and it may be an indication that something is terribly wrong with the diamonds. Also in case of purchasing loose diamonds from eBay, make sure that the seller you are dealing with is trustworthy. You should exercise caution prior to the purchase.
- You should be practical about your purchase. In addition to the type of ring you would like, be prepared with your financial plan too. In case you want to find a superior purchase within your budget, then negotiation is the key. Decide on the importance of each of the four Cs to you and which of them is your priority and what you can compromise on.
- Especially in case of a costly diamond, you should make sure that you obtain the lab report. On the whole, the report from the lab can be deemed to be a self-determining consideration of the stone, which will ensure that the diamond you purchased is not processed or treated.
- Lastly, do find out whether you like your diamond and what is it that you like about it the most. This is because at the end of the day, the diamond that you adore the most is the finest.