As per the survey report, studies indicate that those who successfully implement the preventive maintenance plan gets high ROI as 500% plus. So it is proved that have good plan in place can bring high yield but question remain is how to make a success plan to get this type of result and then implementing the same.
Preventive maintenance program is integrate in to working of company to make life of equipment and tools extend by schedule repair, servicing, and predicting failures. It would be success plan when machinery when need the most does not breakdown. While it make look like unnecessary cost at the time of preventive replacement before the actual failure but the cost is more efficient than what it would have after the potential failure in service, which would hamper badly or cost fortune.
Benefits have preventive maintenance plan provides:
- It will alert before major breakdown of assets or tools
- Easy to track the live location of spare part/items.
- Production runs smoothly and can meet client demands
- Efficiency of machinery and worker increases
- Less wastage of money on purchasing unnecessary part when replacement needed
- Like span of machinery increases
- It provide reporting and record keeping
So let’s dive into step on how to make plan success and harvest the above benefit.
Before we began to demonstrate how it is implement, make sure you flow the step by step, as points are mention below-
- Forming the maintenance staff with right members
Having right team for it is half work done. As implementation requires teamwork and this plan to work successfully you will need maintenance manager, technicians, lower level worker and staff for supervision, production control staff, accounting person, data processing staff. Having the right kind of mix will make strong team who will handle the most important work.
- State Objective of plan
With the help of team now bring out the objective of why include preventive maintenance plan. State as many as possible and then point out the most feasible one to follow through out.
- Make list of accurate data of assets inventory
It is very important to make accurate list of the entire assets inventory and tracking information of spare parts/items. When making the list things you should keep in mind:
- Serial number of the product you are currently using, or intent to use and when you purchased them
- Model number of the product
- Specification if the product and where it was used and for what
- Technical functionality
- Place and room where the machinery, tools, spare parts are located
- Cost involved at all the level
- Category & other spec you may need in future
- Decision Making
After you have made list of assets and there information, now main part comes of making decision about health or prevailing condition of every assets After this now prioritize them as per requirement and which machinery work cannot be done. Along with it also tag what labour skill is required, time it takes for operation.
- Formulating Maintenance Schedule
Now after all things are ready, it is time to make schedule for the servicing and upgrading of parts and machinery. Since there can be hundreds to thousands of assets in company it is very hard to make schedule and implement it, therefore majority of organisation use advance technology like CMMS software. It is system, which handle all the task of preventive maintenance easily and make it easier of staff to implement is successfully. With new feature like mobile CMMS, team can manage work on the go anywhere and track schedule, order, assign work order, make new schedule, help inspection etc.
CMMS is very popular now in manufacturing plants as 51% of the them have integrated it and now experiencing higher ROI through it.
To truly make plan success you will need good CMMS software, which handle all above automatically for you.