We show you how to Share games on Xbox One with these handy tips and tricks.
With this advancing world and the advancement in the technology, we, somewhat more or less take out time from our busy schedule and play games, isn’t it? Some get addicted to the game while some still play for just refreshment or fun. Thus, you must know how to Gameshare Xbox One.
How to Setup Xbox One Game Sharing
- Find a friend that loves to buy his/her video games digitally. This only works for digitally purchased games so games you have on disc will not be downloadable by the other Xbox.
- Find a friend that you trust with your passwords, or that you can meet in-person to sign-in on their Xbox One. To setup gamesharing, your Gamertag must be setup on both Xbox One’s (and subsequently, your friends Gamertag has to be setup on both as well), so I wouldn’t just try to game share with a stranger on the internet, as you have to give this person your password in order to set this up.
- ADD NEW account to your Xbox One and sign-in with your friend’s Gamertag and password.
- Make sure you are SIGNED-IN as your friend.
- Go to SETTINGS > MY XBOX > MY HOME XBOX and select “Make this my Home Xbox”. This will set your friend’s Gamertag/Xbox as your “Home Xbox”, thus giving you access to all his digital game purchases.
- Have your friend repeat steps 3 – 5 on their Xbox One using your Gamertag and password.
- Once you’ve set the “Home Xbox” on an individual console, you can log out of your friends Gamertag (or have your friend log out of yours), and you can log back into your own.
- All of your available games (both you and your friend’s) will then appear in the “READY TO INSTALL” section of the “MY GAMES & APPS” screen.
Once you’ve setup everything outlined in the steps above you can download and install any of the games purchased by you and your friend to either console and you will be able to play it as if you purchased the game yourself.
What is game sharing?
Game sharing is a feature on Xbox One that lets you share all your games and Xbox Live Gold with one (and only one) of your friends.
You can both game share with each other and play all the titles that are available in your digital game libraries. If you don’t know how to gameshare on Xbox One then worry not because we will explain each and every step to let you game share with your friends and vice versa.
- An Xbox One console…
- A trusted Friend or Family member. (Mutual trust is required because the person sharing his games has to share his Xbox Live password or they can input it themselves on the target Xbox One)
- An Xbox Live Account.
- Acquire your friend’s/family member’s account information.
- Add the new account to your Xbox One.
- Set your Xbox One as “Home Console”.
- Download your friend’s games.
- All EA Access games can be shared as well. The EA Access Vault games don’t show up in the Ready to install section. You have to download the EA Access Hub and download the free games from the vault.
- Game sharing also shares your Xbox Live Gold membership.
- Both persons can play the same game at the same time.
- You can only gameshare with one person at a time.
- Once gamesharing has been completed, you and your friend can change your Xbox Live passwords. It will not affect your game sharing at all or you can just change your password to something temporary and change it back after gamesharing has been completed.
If you follow the method carefully then you can start sharing your games and Xbox Live Gold with your friend within 5 minutes. If you have any questions, feedback, or tips then do share them with us in the comments below.