Thought the moldy basement is going to remain out of use forever? Not really, you can transform it into a dry and useful place with the assistance of efficient basement finishing techniques. It is important to repair and renovate a moldy basement for the longevity of the building as well as for the welfare of those inhabiting the building. All you need are experts who can carry out the challenging tasks from removing the mold and mildew to waterproofing to restoring. It is perhaps better if you opt for remodelling methods which are environmental friendly so as to add on to the storage space in the event of a natural calamity. Some important reasons why you must restore or remodel your basement, here are top 5 basement finishing ideas:
– Atmosphere free from mold and moisture: It is important that your basement is clean and dry to avoid health and other issues caused by mold and the prevailing moisture. You must infact install certain waterproofing methods that prevent the build up of molds. Ensure that you use material formulated especially for restoration of the basement.
-Saves Energy: Basement often tend to leak energy due to air leaks and lack of insulation, thus causing discomfort in the upper floors of the building. You must hence add energy efficient doors and windows and insulate your basement to ensure a clean, dry and warm space that ultimately reduces your heat and cool needs. Moreover, an energy efficient basement will make you eligible for various rebated from energy upgrades.
– Additional Storage Space: You can convert a space out of use to a useful utility space that fulfills your storage needs
-Increased Home Value: Nobody wants to pay for damaged or harmful spaces. Getting your basement treated for molds and mildew and getting it restored into a dry and useful space will increase the market value of your house to a great extent. Who doesn’t like such wonderful returns on their investment?
Methods of Basement Remodelling
-The experts remove old damaged patches and substances in your basement with new ones to eliminate all unwanted clutter and to restore the space properly
– They will also install high quality windows which are airtight and stairways that prevent any extra leakage of energy or prevailing of moisture. They will ensure that your basement can endure certain levels of moisture and still remain dry. Also, windows will be designed to let in light.
– Installation of certain wall systems will not only control dust but also block fire
– To reduce the Basement sagging, best methods to be employed are Drop Ceiling and Crown molding.
– The basement should be finished with finishing methods that do not employ the use of adhesives or grout to allow the ceiling as well as the walls to dry faster.
– The reinstallation may need to be followed by casing and trimming of your doors and walls.
– Most experts would perform a timely check after the remodelling is over to ensure that your basement is spotless.
All you need to ensure is that you hire professionals who are versed with latest finishing and modelling techniques.